Useful manuals from our Hymer S700 (1992):
- 1992 Hymer S700 Manual
- VDO Cruise Control
- Blizzard Airconditioning unit 1000 /2000 as fitted
- Electrolux RM275 Fridge as fitted to our Hymer (Upside down PDF!)
- Truma 3002 fire as fitted
- Truma Hot water boiler
- Thetford toilet owner manual
- Thetord toilet C2 C3 installation manual
- 1992 Hymer Catalogue - in German *
- 1993 Hymer Price List - in German - shows all the options! *
- S660 Parts list - useful to identify items. *
- Manual lift Omnistor Thule Bike rack
- Fredo's download page has useful information.
- Hymer Club International has useful information. see the Tips section.
- Check your tyres and see their age! Dunlop has some useful information.
* Acknowledgements to others for these, I have kept them anonymous, but happy to acknowledge you if you wish.
Other useful tips:
- We got our wiper motor rewound at Robson and Francis in London - came back as good as new. A common problem with our S700 as it is right under the dashboard at the front of the engine and gets wet .......
- For all things old Hymer you need to go to North Cotswold Motorhomes ...
- Need to replace the TV aerial to get digital? - do yourself a favour and get the Teleco one, and not the others that just used a bent coat hangar and amplifier inside a fancy package.
- Our WiFi when on the road uses a 3G HSPA+ hotspot from Teltonika. Now updated to a 4G version - the RUT850. This allows you to connect to share a WiFi connection like the Huawei MiFi.
- TV System now updated to a Humax1100s Freesat that runs off 12V directly, it has the advantage that Films in MP4 can be connected to the USB, and viewed without carrying all those DVDs.
- The OYSTER SATDOM only picks up SD transmissions to lock in, I guess it will be replaced soon. It can only be reprogrammed now by removing the dome and adding a new SD card.
- Our complicated TV system used to like this:
- The main reason for this is so we can get an Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) using Sky ... does not happen for the built in Satellite and Freeview on the Avtex. You can get the Sky Box very cheaply on EBay, it only consumes a few watts so works well on an inverter, and you can use FreeSat from Sky.
Preserved information from Deepcar who used to have these on their pages:
Ours is the S700 below.
Some of the others - B Class are Fiats, S are Mercedes Chassis ......